Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yeah, I know . . .

Yeah, I know, not keeping up with the posts. Sorry, but it's the same ole, same ole around here! The good news is that Mark and I are able to talk more regularly now (read his blog) so I'm doing a lot better on the day to day stuff. There's just something about hearing his voice that keeps my spirit soaring. I don't know how folks did it way back when.

Time is flying and that's awesome!!! Almost a third of the way through this separation gig. Yay!!! I know it's far from over, and I know that there are going to be some rough patches, but it feels doable.

A friend took me around E-ville to some great bargain stores yesterday and I got even more books. (Imagine that!) Book Broker on Covert Ave! Awesome!!! Hardback books for $1.50! Woohoo!!! A couple of consignment shops that I'll have to share with mom and Irvin, too. I had tons of fun and really didn't end up spending that much. Now that's the way I need to shop! Of course, with the other books I purchased and the library at my disposal, there's no way I'm going to be finishing them any time soon. So many books, so little time!

And next weeks is finals week (again!) Five week classes go by super quickly! So far, so good on my grades for this five weeks, but I'd love to ace these finals! A little nervous about the hands-on final on Tuesday. I did get a practice session in on one of my unsuspecting friends, but that's it. Need to somehow get more practice in so that I'm more confident about my skills going into these finals. I have a couple more takers, it's just finding the time to coordinate schedules.

The big to do around here this weekend is the earthquake we felt early Friday morning (4:30 a.m. or so) and then the after shock around 10:15 a.m. Chi and I both were roused from our slumber (which is a big feat for one, let alone both!) by the weirdest, longest lasting sounds, and neither one of us could figure it out. I immediately thought of the furnace, and went down to look. By the time I did that, all was still again. Looked outside and could see no large vehicles or drilling going on, so decided it wasn't anything to worry about. Then when I was leaving a message with a friend, it happened again, though not as long this time. Again, I checked the furnace and looked outside. Nothing. I guess I'm a little slow, but "earthquake" never once entered my brain. Wasn't until friend called back that i found out that's what it was. It sure wasn't like any earthquake I remember experiencing before (not that I've experienced many, maybe 3 in my life.) Nothing rattled, and there was a low toned, loud rumbling. Very weird.

So that's the news from southern Indiana. Talk at ya later.

No comments: