Monday, January 7, 2008

Beginnings

It's early morning and I'm up and ready to begin a new phase in my life. It took three alarms, but I'm really awake and with enough time to post! I'm a little nervous, not knowing what to expect, but my excitement is overcoming my anxiety. Life is full of possibilities and God has led me on this new endeavor of becoming a massage therapist. Classes are going to be so totally different than anything I've had so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this new style fits me. I think I'm really going to enjoy "hands-on" learning!

So far it's been kinda lonely around the house, but I've been keeping busy and friends have been calling and inviting me places (thanks, friends!). Conversations with Mark have lessened as he adjusts to a new environment and routine, but I know that he is well, and they are keeping them very busy!

Epiphany was yesterday and the homily was very appropriate to our situation right now. Mark is following his star, leaving behind family and friends to pursue that which he is called to do. I am so very proud of him for his dedication to "duty, honor, country" and for being an example to me that I can pursue my dreams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Teresanne - not sure how to sign this without making an account. Anyway I'm enjoying yours and Mark's blogs. If you need someone to practice your new-found massage techniques call me - ha-ha! Or we can meet for lunch/coffee one day.

Anonymous said...

Kim

Just wanted to make sure you are doing well--we miss and love you.

Take Care and call if you need anything

Matt and Laura

kelly barton art + design said...

hey chickie....i am here thinking of you and mark. i have to tell you i don't look at the star spangle banner the same anymore. each time i hear it at a ball game i tear up. call me if you need me.