Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm updating!

Good Morning!

I've been such a good girl these past few weeks, except for updating this here blog. So today's the day. LOTS has been happening during this wonderful month of January and I have a limited time to post, since I have my first full day of work in a less than an hour, but I can at least go over the basics and get you caught up on my life.

School: Love it! I've gotten up in time every day! Yay! We started actually practicing massage strokes on the legs at the beginning of the second week of classes. There's lots to learn, but I'm loving every minute of it!

Work: I was recently hired as a part time circulation clerk at the North Park branch library here in Evansville. Three days during the week for four hours a day and then every other Friday/Saturday for the whole day. So far I've worked two afternoons and today is my first full day. There's lots to learn there, too, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The exciting thing is that the library is in the same neighborhood as my church, so I see people I know!

Mark: We get to talk pretty much everyday! It's great to be able to hear his voice and be able to share each other's daily stuff. Since he doesn't have access to his blog, he e-mails it to me and I post it for him. Then when someone responds, I send it to him. So, he does get emails right now, if you want to send him a note. It's at mark.south@us.army.mil

God is taking good care of me and helping me to stretch and grow and love life! I miss Mark, but the good thing is that I get to see him at the beginning of March for a few days before they head overseas. So, keep praying, cause it's working!

I'll try to post more often, Kelly!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! You didn't tell me you were working at the library. Call me for any advice. I'm full of it. Literally:)
Shellie

kelly barton art + design said...

yippie.....now i know you are okay! hey, i need a massage. i fell last week on the ice. flat on my back. didn't realize how bad it hurt, each day my neck gets tighter. guess who will be going to the chiropractor for the first time ever! when things slow down, maybe in the next couple of months i will drive down and we can have a slumber party!

big hugs sista!

austrohoosier said...

kim, glad you're enjoying your new pursuits and will have an opportunity to spend time with mark in march. i spoke with him last week as he was in need of shoulder stretches, so i got him well on his way.
life here remains enjoyably chaotic. attended a 3-day yoga conf in sf a couple weekends back; start sql programming class tonight for next 10 wks; getting to know a couple women through match.com (wish me luck!); commenced 5 mth t'ai chi/qi gong course; occasionally hike with molly in the hills in mud & rain (careful, slippery when wet). ticking off another year on earth this sat. life is good!

lots of luv to you & the cats!