Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day Two

Today has been incredible! I had a job interview (part-time library circulation clerk) this morning and a massage therapy program interview (Daymar College in Owensboro, KY) this afternoon. Wow! For going from doing absolutely nothing, to having options is a huge change! Of course, I'll have to wait and hear about the job after a couple of others are interviewed as well. And as far as the massage therapy program, I need to do some more investigation into other schools as well to make sure I find the right fit.

Okay, these opportunities didn't come out of thin air. I have been trying to decide what to do with this stage of my life for several months now and this is where that has led. So, I still have a lot of praying and listening to do, but at least I'm moving. Yay!

The key is that I need to have something to keep myself engaged while Mark is away. And ideally, while I'm engaged in said activity, I'll be learning skills and preparing myself to have a new career that's flexible enough to allow me to raise a family.

I thought about owning a bookstore, but after long discussions with my other half realized that it would probably end up being more work than profit. I thought about getting a doctorate in Guidance and Counseling, but that would basically be keeping me in the same pond in which I've been drowning. I thought about getting a degree that would allow me to work more with the Catholic Church, but I think I'd rather keep that end of things on a volunteer basis (though, I'm still open to this option at some point).

Massage therapy is something that I believe fits my current needs. The programs are a year long (study while Mark's away), get certified and start establishing a client base while we are filling out adoption paperwork when he returns, then fit my schedule around having a child when he or she arrives. Sounds good, huh?!

At least that's the thought for now. Many things could happen between now and January, and I'm open to pretty much whatever comes my way.

No comments: