Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Life is better when I'm not alone

Mark is back! If I think 3 weeks is a long time, what am I going to do for a whole year? I know I can do it, though, even though it's not going to be fun. And I'm starting to prepare for that time that will really hit on January 2nd. I am going to start Daymar College's Massage Therapy program on January 7! Yay! I'm very excited about this! It's a big step for me to do something so totally different from what I've been doing, but it feels right. Now I just have to find a job. I haven't heard anything back from my interview last week, but I'm thinking it's not the right job for me. I need something a bit more flexible. What that is I have yet to discover. . .

I think about the last time I was "happy" with my life (job, home, extras) and then see if I can capture some of that in my current circumstances. It's not difficult to find out when and where that was: it was when we lived in Crawfordsville, IN from 2002-04. I had a part-time job in which I could visit a state park on my way home from work once a week for hiking and drawing. (Yeah, I was actually drawing!) I also worked out (gasp!) regularly with water aerobics and pilates/yoga at a local fitness center. We owned a cool little brick bungalow and I met some really awesome people at church through CRHP.

So, here's how I'm seeing things. I will be driving by the Audobon State Park when I start going to Daymar. Classes will be 4 days a week in the mornings (okay, not my best time of day, but it's better than driving back home at 11 p.m.) One day a week I can stop by the park on my way home and have a date with myself. At least two other days I can go to the gym and get in some swimming, water aerobics and/or pilates/yoga. I'm already involved with CRHP and meeting awesome people at church, and we own a pretty cool house, so those parts are covered. The only thing missing is a part time job that is flexible enough to allow me to do the above without killing myself. Any ideas?

No comments: