Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day!!!

Today is Groundhog Day, isn't it? And I believe Mr. Austrohoosier has a birthday today, too!! Happy B-day to you!!!

I'm home today loving life! Laundry is going full tilt and the house is shaping back together into a habitable domain after a week of happily running to and fro. Next week is the last week of my first set of massage therapy classes! Wow, that went fast! The good thing about 5 week classes is that you see immediate results. That's also what I like about my new job in the library. I'm learning something new everyday and I feel like I can walk on the moon if I want! (Fortunately, I don't want.) And the BEST part of life is that I get to talk to Mark almost everyday!!! Woohoo!!!

Most of the time I bemoan the fact that life goes by too fast for my taste, but I'm relishing in the speed now. Faster, time, faster! Cause the faster it goes, the closer it is to being with my beloved again! That's when I'll want life to s .. l .. o .. w w .. a .. y d .. o .. w .. n .

Reading "Eat, Pray, Love" right now thanks to Kelly (I bet you didn't know that, did you?) Only on the "Eat" part right now, but I'm loving every minute of it. And I know it's going to keep getting better. (No, I didn't read the last page, I'm just psychic that way!)

Did yoga this afternoon! I really need to do that more often, but I rejoice every time I do make time for it. Feel my body toning up with doing massage, now I just have to get some of these pounds off and I'll be doing fine. And I will, I just know I will! There's a healthy, fit person underneath this accumulated stress that I'm shedding, and she's a beauty, let me tell ya!

Namaste

2 comments:

austrohoosier said...

Thank you for the B-day wishes!!! It was a good day. Spoke with Mark briefly, altho we got cut off - bad reception. Had planned on kayaking, slurping oysters & drinking beer (not simultaneously, mind you...well, that is, kayaking separate from the other two - hard to paddle, slurp & drink at the same time), but yet another storm bore down on the Bay Area so high surf advisory on Tomales Bay and the oyster shack unexpectedly closed for the weekend.

Well, not all was lost: I went on a date. Her name is Katie, she's an oncology nurse practitioner, who contacted me on match.com. Turns out we've only been separated by a single degree the last 2 yrs (she cared for a friend of mine & knows pretty much everyone @ Stanford who care for Daralyn), but found out last night we attended the same yoga class 3 wks ago in Berkeley. Very freaky, but in a good way! We met up @ the Triple Rock Brewery (we went there in Oct) and had a delightful evening. Gonna meet up again soon.

Today I've got another date with another woman, Jennifer. Met her on match.com as well. She's originally from Fort Wayne, attended Ball State, and has been in CA last 15 yrs. We had coffee 3 wks ago; she's going on a walk with Molly & me today.

And in avoiding past failures, neither speaks nor has studied German, nor is of immediate German decent so Mark doesn't have to hightail it our here and set me straight!

I'm so glad life is going well for you; it truly makes me smile to :-) Keep up the good work and, of course, doing yoga!

Lots of love,
Jeff

Unknown said...

You've always been a beauty! I am glad to pop on and see that you are staying busy (and how!) and positive. An inspiration and fine example to us military wives everywhere. Enjoying your blog!Hugs, Sherri